About This Blog

Hi! My name is Dylan Kingwell. I am a fun, outgoing, studious 11 year old boy. I am also athletic as I play hockey all winter and spring every year.

This blog is going to be me writing down my thoughts about anything and everything that may cross my mind. I hope to be posting multiple times a week, but with my schedule, there's no guarantee! Anyway, you know enough, so without further ado, these, are My Thoughts.

Saturday 15 August 2015

Thoughts About Hockey

Hello guys! So today I want to talk about hockey. Hockey is a game that involves 5 players on each team, 6 including the goalie. The objective is to either score a goal or to prevent one from landing in the back of your net. A goal is scored when the puck passes the goal line. The way one would score a goal is by shooting the puck with your stick and getting it passed the goalie, who guards the net. Out of the five players, 3 of them are forwards who try to score goals, and 2 of them play defence, those players, including the goalie, try to prevent the goals, although everyone plays a part in making sure that there are as little goals against as possible.
I have played hockey since I was 4. I enjoy hockey so much for a few reasons. Hockey is a fast pace, competitive, challenging sport. And best of all it is a team sport. I get to hang out with some of my best friends ever when I play hockey and there is nothing better than that. I have also become a better person by playing hockey. I learned to work as a team player and cooperate with others, which is definitely a quality everyone should have. I have also learned that it is OK to ask for help sometimes. What I mean is that it is OK to not do everything on your own and that multiple people get the job done quicker than 1 person. And that is why hockey is 5 versus 5, not 1 versus 1. There is no "I" in team.
Other Information
There is a hockey league called the National Hockey League, or NHL. That is where the professionals go, the best players in the world. My personal favourite player is Pavel Datsyuk. He is a Russian hockey player that plays for an NHL team called the Detroit Red Wings. I love him because of his amazing skills. In fact, the reason why I always wear number 13 is because Pavel Datsyuk is also number 13.

Anyway thanks for reading guys and don't forget to put your feed back in the comments! Have a great day, and find out what happens on Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Hey hockey is awesome used to play it all the time but no one else likes to play it in my complex, I played a ball hockey league in surrey central but I stopped because I was old for it (I'm 14) and I suck at skating. Hey you play at Langley? I live in surrey but no good leagues here. What else do you do?

    ReplyDelete